No, I can't believe March is over. It makes me
a little sick haha. It came in like a lion in Bruxelles, and left like a
lion in Le Mans haha. My Luck. Aliysa told me about the snow, that's
crazy! Go Mormon power! haha.
So, if you could send my package straight to Le Mans
that would be perfect. The mail is way more reliable here than in
Belgium. I think I'm good on the package, I'll let you know if I think
of something later for the next package haha, but nothing super
important right now. Elder Mattson is pumped for the PB haha, we've been
craving it. Maybe more seasoning packets, I'm all out cuz I had to
leave some in Épinal when I left. But Elder Stucki ate really well after
I left! I'll try to get that package shipped off for Lindsey as soon as
possible, as well as some other things I'm sending home that I don't
need till later haha. I have about 3 kilos of stuff to send, so
hopefully it won't be too pricey.
So this week we felt like we weren't doing all that well, until about Friday
night when we looked at our numbers and realized that this was actually
a rocking week haha. It felt kind of unsuccessful, but it really was
great.
Just: This man is awesome haha. This week he
straight up said that he wants to be a Mormon, and he wants all his kids
to be Mormons too. They all read the Book of Mormon together, and he
and his son came to church yesterday and loved it. We're going to fix a
baptismal date for the end of next transfer, because he wants some time
to really get it figured out. By then, the whole family should be
ready.
Purcell: Awesome young guy, he had a LOT of
questions about the Book of Mormon. He wants to understand it
historically before he thinks he can believe it. But he's really trying,
and he really wants to make leaps and bounds in his understanding. He
wants all the information right now, but it takes some time to
understand everything haha. He moved to Nantes this morning for an
internship, but we called the Missionaries there and they're seeing him
this week. I'll let you know when he gets baptized out there!
Gilbert: Sadly, we won't be teaching him
anymore :( We went over and he said he's done investigating, he won't
change religions. He doesn't want us coming over anymore. He wanted to
know for himself, but he wouldn't pray to find out. We have to do our
part to get our answers!
We also met a super cool French kid, Antoine, the
other day, and taught him this morning at McDonald's (It's one of the most
open public places in town, so we teach lessons there ALL the TIME
haha). He's about 19 or 20 and is believing, but sees religion as
something personal, which is true. He just doesn't see the need for
church. We talked for a while today, and he's super open. We actually
talked about college and stuff for a while, it's weird talking to people
my age haha. He is the only French person we're actually teaching, the
rest are all from Africa haha.
We had a crazy guy we taught twice this week. He
tried to convert us to his religion, which is actually that religion is
dumb and we should all read the Bible and sing in our houses all day.
Also, he says we shouldn't have pictures of Jesus or it's blasphemy, and
that if we try to have just 30 minute rendezvous with people we must be from
the devil haha. So that was different.
Other than that nothing exciting this week. I went
on an exchange up to Alençon, which is technically in the Normandy
region. So I finally got to Normandy! But it's hours from the beaches
haha.
One huge blessing that we saw this week is the
support of the members. I've finally started to learn one of the
biggest, BIGGEST keys of missionary work. The Members! Just a few
transfers ago, the members here didn't like the Missionaries at all, and
the work was not going well. Lots of Missionaries say that they hated
this ville, which is in the running for my favorite! The difference is,
we work hard to get the members to love us. We earn their respect and
we're friends with them. In turn, they fast and pray for us, and they go
out of their way to teach with us and give our amis rides to church!
The work has turned around here, and I'm loving it!
Anyways so this week we're going to Tours for an
exchange with the Zone Leaders, and we're celebrating Elder Mattson's year mark
their with them haha. That should be fun. They have these legendary
pastries there that we're going to try. Should be fun! I'm super excited
for Conference, I've been looking forward to it forever! I still can't
believe it's been six months since Elder Stucki and I chilled in our
church building in our PJ's to watch it, time flies really quickly.
I love you guys so much, and I feel and appreciate your prayers! Have a great week, take good notes at Conference, au revoir!
Love
Elder Martin

No comments:
Post a Comment