I can't believe that it's already been a year (since he opened his Call).
That has gone by waaaayyyyy too fast haha. I can't believe that Tristan
could open his own Call in a year! What's happening?!?!?! I feel the
same way as Kole (Powell, a friend serving in Virginia that just hit his 1 year mark), there's way too much to do to only have a sixteen months left. It's funny, but I found myself freaking out a little bit
about the "after mission" this week, because it is freaky! I'm glad I've
got a while before I need to really worry about it. For now, I'm
enjoying still being a (somewhat) young missionary.
The work here is just starting! Thank you so much for the scripture (D&C 100), that was honestly exactly what I needed to be reminded of right now. Especially with as crazy as the past 6 weeks have been, I needed to remember that the Lord chose me to be here and do this for a specific reason. Joseph was in Liberty Jail for so long because the Lord couldn't use the pre-Missouri Joseph for the things that He needed done. He needed a man who had been through this awful but refining experience to lead the Saints and build the Temple to bless His children with the Temple covenants.
The work here is just starting! Thank you so much for the scripture (D&C 100), that was honestly exactly what I needed to be reminded of right now. Especially with as crazy as the past 6 weeks have been, I needed to remember that the Lord chose me to be here and do this for a specific reason. Joseph was in Liberty Jail for so long because the Lord couldn't use the pre-Missouri Joseph for the things that He needed done. He needed a man who had been through this awful but refining experience to lead the Saints and build the Temple to bless His children with the Temple covenants.
So sadly, Bruxelles will now be a thing of the
past... I'm getting transferred! I'm going to a town called Le Mans, just
south west of Paris. My new address will be 49, Rue Marengo, 72000, Le
Mans. My new comp is named Elder Mattson. I've met him once or twice, he
is a really good missionary and a really cool guy! So I have to say
goodbye to Bruxelles, to the Ward, and jump on a new adventure!
I really should watch those lds.org
videos! I wasn't able to go to the Elder Oaks conference because I was
too far away, but it was a humongous, prophecy fulfilling moment for
France. And it changed the Mission! The Church is growing so well, it's
really exciting to see it. Unfortunately, I'll miss the growth of this
Ward this weekend when Patrick and Isaac are baptized, but Elder Richer
will send me some pictures.
I totally remember when Bob (Lamereaux) interviewed me haha! (Before Tyler could take his daughter out on a date.) I
remember being so worried about making a good impression! I'm glad I
didn't do too badly. I wrote to Aliysa (Lamereaux) this week, so no worries there
haha! I also wrote to the Lawrences. Tell congrats to Tucker (Smith, on his Call to Guatemala), and to
Riley (Huston (Cherry) who is expecting a baby in September) too, that is so cool! When is Ben (South) getting his Call, do you know? I
do know Jaun-ne (a client at Journeys that passed away this week), she is the sweetest little girl! Her mom Pam worked at
Journey's as well, and they are awesome. They really have made a
difference in lots of people's lives.
Tell Dad congrats on his new job! I'm so excited for
him! I still can't believe that it was only 6 weeks! I think it's funny
that this difficult period at home coincided almost to the day with my
transfer, which certainly wasn't the easiest transfer so far of my Mission. But, we're starting a new 'transfer' full of new
opportunities!
I did get my Valentines package, thank you so much!
It was great, lots of candy haha. We all took advantage of that in our
apartment. Anyways, that, sadly, is kind of all that happened this
week. But, the sun rises on another day, another week, another transfer!
I love you all so much, and you're in my prayers day and night! Have a
great week! Au Revoir, Bruxelles!
Love,
Elder Martin

No comments:
Post a Comment