Monday, August 12, 2013

First Letter from France and First Baptism!

Bonjour!

This week has been the greatest! My trainer, Elder Mckechnie, is great. Our first night, he had me leading out in street contacting. It was super intimidating, but he had faith in me and I was able to do it!

Anyways, I'm glad you all saw the pictures (on the Mission Facebook Page). I tried extra hard to make sure that I was in them haha. I've gotta say, seeing Elder (Ben) Anderson was the sweetest mercy ever. I was feeling really overwhelmed and everything, but then I saw his face and I knew I was gonna be ok! Aahhh that was great haha.

The Pain au Chocolat is the best, some members gave us a box on Saturday and Elder Mckechnie and I have already finished it! He is from Scotland, which is super cool. I really could not have been blessed with a better trainer! He is super patient with me, but he also pushes me to improve myself.

I've been so amazed by the Gift of Tongues this week. My first day I had a total Elder Calhoun (from the movie The Best Two Years) experience. Now, I can understand so much and speak my mind most of the time. It is such a blessing.

We had a baptism on Saturday! A man named Jean Pierre Jacqot. He is the coolest, I love him! I even got to confirm him in Sacrament meeting yesterday, which was one of the coolest experiences of my life! We also have the Saitovich family that we're going to commit to baptism this week. They are from Serbia, so the daughter speaks a bit of French and the son speaks a bit of English, and that's all haha. It's a little difficult to teach, but they are so receptive! The dad reads the Book of Mormon to the family every night, and he says "This book is from God!" We're shooting for the 31 of this month for their baptism.

I guess Epinal was closed for a long time, then Elder Mckechnie and his companion came in 3 months ago and opened it back up, so he has been here for 3 months already and we'll be here for another 3 months. We're seeing miracles all the time.

I'm so glad everyone is good at home! I can't think of anything that I need for right now. Just lots of prayers! We walk everywhere, which is great! We do soooo much contacting, which is great. I can't believe how many people we meet every day! I never realized just how many people we interact with on a daily basis.

I'm so glad you're spending time with Lindsey and Konner! I miss and love all of you sooo much! You are such a great support to me and I know I couldn't do this without you! Love you!

Love,
Elder Martin
P.S. I have pictures coming right behind this email :)

 Our awesome teacher Soeur Judd
 Elder Devine!
 2 great missionaries! (Samuel Smith statue at MTC)
 Our district at the famous MTC map
 Leaving the MTC!
 Au Revoir, MTC!
 Just an awesome picture!
 Our first sight of France! There's our mission field!
 Inside Notre Dame!
 Notre Dame is huge!
 Beautiful art like this all over Notre Dame

Our kitchen/living room/ closet!
Us, Jean-Pierre, and Frère Tennoun, our Branch mission leader at the baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment