Hey!
This week was
pretty solid, I can't complain :) Last P Day I went and got souvenirs,
so everything should be good to go for next week :) Elder Madsen's
cousin Hannah, who is living in our ward, came and hung out with us for
the day.
On Wednesday
we had another Zone activity! This transfer it was chalk art! We set up
three different stations around Paris and drew a couple of gospel
related drawings then talked to everyone that came and looked at them
and invited people to come check them out. It turned out really well :)
I'll send some pictures, the drawings were great. Especially Elder
Madsen's, he did a tree of life drawing that was super good. I also went
on exchanges with Elder Nga, our new Chinese speaking Elder. He's from
Malasia, and he's a pretty fun guy.
We sent in Confidentiality report
on Thursday, my last one that I have to do! haha.
On Saturday
we did our ward service project. All they told us is that it was in
northern Paris and that we were cleaning up a main street in town. So we
showed up, and it was just us and the Soeurs with some ward members.
Anyways, so about an hour in the Bishop says, 'hey missionaries, come
take a picture over here!' Turns out, we were right in front of the
Moulin Rouge! We're definitely not supposed to be in that neighborhood
haha, but we got a good picture before finishing our project haha.
For
lunch we went out with Wilson and some of his friends. They're
finishing up their tour of Europe soon and they stopped for the day in
Paris. We taught Seyed that night, he's doing really well. He is
accepting everything we say, he's just really unsure about baptism. He's
Iranian, and he's worried that it might be a problem for him. So we'll
see what happens. We worked at the bakery again that night, it was
pretty fun. I'll show you the video when I get home of us touring the
creepy underground bakery part.
Church was really good
on Sunday. We taught
Sunday
School and decided to ignore the lesson in the manual and focus on
Chelly, the Mandarin Elders' recent convert. We talked about baptism and
stuff, and Marco ended up participating a ton in the lesson. He's
really hard to schedule stuff with, but he's so solid. He ended up
buying some cool books about Paris for me, since he won't be here next
week so I won't get to see him again. Also said goodbye to Zhen, who
left for China
on Sunday night before she leaves on her mission next month.
That
afternoon in the VC, we'd only been there about 10 minutes before a guy
came in wanting to know all about the church. His name is Meshac, and
we sat and taught him and he said he's coming to church this week! That
night we had a sleep over with the Paris Lilas Elders! I needed Elder
Jouffray to work on my back a little bit, so we stayed the night over
there
on Sunday so that we could do Conference Call with them
on Monday
morning. It was a party! Yesterday was chill, we just kind of hung out
since emails were down. I finished up souvenir shopping, I think, so
that was about it!
It was a good week overall, we had a lot of fun :) Thanks so much for everything, I love you guys!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
Sidewalk Art
Families are Forever!
Elder Madsen's drawing of the Tree of Life
Elder Madsen's Chalk Hands!
Ward Service Project
Cleaning up the streets of Paris
I Don't Think We're in Kansas Anymore!!
Transfer #16...FINALLY!!
Getting "Killed" off
Flan
No comments:
Post a Comment