Monday, June 8, 2015

#3cheersto2years - Last Letter Home 06/08/15

Hey,
I'll be honest, I'm pretty sad writing this letter haha. It's a pretty bittersweet moment, so I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I don't think it'll quite hit me all the way till I get home on Thursday. Then it still may take a couple days :)
This past week was pretty fun, and very eventful. We've been getting ready for transfer week and saying goodbye to people all week. On Tuesday we had a pretty solid District Meeting, my last one! That night we had an FHE with the Saminadin family. They're a partially less-active family that I've been trying to see ever since I got here, and we finally did! We had a big dinner with galettes (really big crêpes made with rye flour). Sister Saminadin also gave me an awesome going away present that I'll have to show you when I get home :)
On Wednesday we had OFII again, so we provided the meal. It was pretty solid, I mostly just sat and talked with Elder Edmunds the whole time haha. Friday was another busy day. We went shopping for transfer week in the morning, then went and did a service project for a member, Sister Garfias. It ended up being building IKEA furniture, so they called in a pro ;) After, we went to the Visitor's Center to watch Elder Perry's funeral.
Saturday we got the Repertoire! It was really weird not seeing my name on there for the first time... But, we found out who my replacement is! His name is Elder Ricks, he's actually Elder Christiansen's Bleu. He's solid, it should be a lot of fun for him and Elder Madsen. That night we had a Visitor Center movie night where we invited a bunch of people and watched 'How Great a Possession' on the projector screen. It was cool, we had a ton of people there and even a guy that the Chinese Elders just invited in off the street right before it started.
Yesterday was pretty solid. Saying goodbye to everyone was hard, especially Wilson. He is seriously one of my best friends, I've never been so close with one of my amis. Bishop Hall invited us over for dinner, which was awesome. I think he really likes us, because missionaries are always dying to go over there, and we've been invited over twice this transfer :) It ended up being a huge party, because their nanny Stacey is going home this week as well, so we had a ton of members over there for dinner, including our Stake President:) Over all, it was an awesome week :)
I don't really know how to close this out. These past 2 years have been incredible, and I can't really describe it. Imagine the most difficult, tiring, satisfying experience ever, and picture it for 2 years :) And in the long run, it isn't as hard as you thought it was. It really has been a blast, and a mission is 100% what you make of it. I'm so grateful to have had the chance to serve in France, this really is the best place and best mission on Earth :) Thanks so much for everything you guys have done for me the past 2 years, for the prayers and support. I love you all so much, and I'm excited to see you guys this week! #3cheersto2years :)
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment