Monday, April 13, 2015

#babysitting - Letter 04/13/15

Hey!
First and foremost, Happy Birthday this week!!!!! I'm pumped for you, and this should be the last immediate family Birthday that I miss.

So this week, we felt a little bit like babysitters, kind of taking care of messes around Paris haha. But it's good, we had a lot of fun and saw a lot of cool stuff this week :)
Tuesday was the Paris Zone Concert! So Elder Madsen and I organized our whole Zone to go to the train station after District Meeting to do an Easter concert on the free piano they have there! It turned out super well and we got to teach so many people because of it. I went on exchanges with Elder Weston in St. Ouen. It was pretty fun, and St. Ouen is so ghetto haha :) I bought some barbecued meat from an African guy at a shopping cart in front of the metro station, it was pretty sketchy. But, it tasted super good and I haven't gotten sick yet, so I think I should be fine :)
Thursday we did lunch for OFII again. It turned out pretty well, and we got to hang out with some of the trainers and bleus for the afternoon. I got to go on exchanges with Elder Moffit that day, so we went out contacting with Prisen, one of the YSA in our ward. It was awesome, he's getting ready to put in his mission papers right now, so he works with us a lot. That night all 4 of us (me, Madsen, Moffit, and Humphrey) went to work at Frère Mora's bakery, it was a party :) There was a train strike that night, so we didn't get home until late and spent the night over at their apartment.
Friday we had our two English classes, but the evening one got cancelled because nobody showed up. That day was the other Zone Conference, so we had to do lunch for them as well. It was fun, but they kind of trashed our chapel and we had to clean it all up afterwards and take care of all that for the members. We might end up telling people they can't use our chapel anymore if it doesn't get better soon, our members haven't been very happy.
Wilson is doing really well. He's been telling members and other investigators how excited he is for his baptism, and he's thinking of what friends he can invite to meet us and come to church and his baptism.
Today we went to the Eiffel Tower and I finally went to the top! I've been in this area for 8 months without going up haha. It was pretty cool, and some members gave us money to go out to eat lunch! So we went to Chipotle Grill right underneath La Grande Arche, it was great to have some decent Mexican food again (and for free) :) So that was pretty funny.
That's pretty much our week, it was a little slower this time around :)
Have a great week, love you all!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin

Mini Horses
Noodles!
Le Grande Arche
Under the Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower Lookout with Elder Madsen and Elder Moffit
The top of the Eiffel Tower
Don't even tempt us!!  Eiffel Tower lookout
Paris from the Eiffel Tower
Paris from the Eiffel Tower
Free Chipotle under Le Grande Arche









No comments:

Post a Comment