Saturday, January 10, 2015

Letter - 01/10/15

Hey!

I've gotta be quick, this week was nuts! 

Sunday after church, (after making one of our best curries yet) we hit the open road for Mulhouse, in the far Southeast corner of the mission. It was a pretty hefty drive, we actually had to drive out of the mission for a little while before jumping up into Mulhouse to follow the highway. Other than that it was a pretty chill night.

Monday we were supposed to have meetings with the agencies for both of the new apartments there, but they both cancelled and got moved to the next day. We didn't have access to either apartment. So we broke down ALL the furniture in the Elders and Soeurs apartments and loaded up the van. It was a little slow, but we made it haha. And, we did the Mardi Fou (pizza) challenge with the Elders haha. I don't think I done that since I was with Elder Mattson, it was so gross haha.

Tuesday we went to District Meeting in Mulhouse, so that shook things up a bit. After that I went straight to one meeting with Elder Smith, one of the Mulhouse Elders, to sign the lease and do the opening condition inspection on the Sisters' apartment. After, Elder Bates started moving everything in with all the other missionaries while I booked it to the other meeting across town for the Elders' apartment. We got everything signed, got the keys, and got the Sisters' all moved in by the end of the night. 

Wednesday morning we got up early and started moving the Elders. We had the Zone Leaders from Nancy there on exchanges, so we had 6 hands helping out the whole time. That took most of the day, but they are both officially moved in! We went and helped the Sisters assemble furniture for a couple hours, then hit the road to get home that night. 

Thursday, I cleaned out the garage! It's been super crowded and full of garbage since before I got here, you couldn't even get all the way inside. So I spent a couple hours out there, covered in dust and cobwebs, and cleaned out the whole thing. We have a ton of stuff we're throwing away, and found some nice hidden treasures :) That afternoon we took our van into the garage to get some body work done, so we won't see her again for about 2 weeks :( But, for now we're using the Combo (the AP's car) since neither of them has a valid license. 

Yesterday was office work all day. I'm making some solid progress on some of my stuff for my replacement, so hopefully his transition into the office will be a little easier than mine was :) One way or another, there's no way to avoid being overwhelmed at first, but he'll do great! The Bousseau's had us over for dinner, and we sat and talked with them forever! With the incidents in Paris, we've been on lockdown, so we couldn't go out and work anyways. So we just stayed with them for a while :) I'm so sad to see them go this week!
 
Today we took the Walls to the airport to pick up their daughter then dropped them back off at home. We're going shopping for the Soldes later, hopefully we find some cool stuff! It was awesome hearing from President Waite, his granddaughter is one of my good friends here in the mission haha. And his neighbor, Elder Traue, and I got really close during our trip to Mulhouse this week. Go figure, put two Idaho boys together and we become tight just like that haha.

I'm doing good. Worried for the missionaries in Paris, but everyone is fine. It's been a little stressful in the office because of it, but we're far from the actual incidents. 
Charlie Hebdo was in central Paris, but the one in Vincennes is on the opposite end of Paris. Mostly we've just been hanging low. There are about 30 missionaries in Paris right now. 
I love you all so much, thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
 
Le Louvre!
The Last Supper
David and Goliath
Mona Lisa
A Mummy
The Sphinx
Shredding the Gold Card!!  (It was expired)
Maple Bacon Cake
YUM!






 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment