Well, here it is, 2015! My blackout year is over and we're jumping into the New Year :)
Last
Monday we dropped of Sister David at the airport. She finally got her
visa and is heading to the MTC to serve in the Temple Square Mission.
After that, we dropped some packages off at the Visitor's Center and
headed in to look at an apartment for the Paris Elders (we're trying to
move them by the end of the transfer) It was a nice apartment, but it is
fully stocked and decorated, there's an office inside of it that the
landlord regularly uses, and it's just 2 blocks from the Moulin Rouge...
so, not gonna happen. So we're starting over the search in Paris, which
is definitely one of the hardest villes to find apartments in. The rest
of the day, we went crazy in the office :)
Tuesday
was District Meeting. Elder Faura gave a solid training then he and I
went on exchanges here in the office. We did some normal office stuff
and he made CDs for the Bleus for next transfer (it's hard finding
things for people to do when they come on exchanges here). We went and
picked up the Gionet couple at the train station in Paris, because they
decided to not drive their car in to the Mission Home at the end of
their mission. That means that Elder Bates and I will have to go out to
Nancy to bring the car back eventually. Président Babin invited us to
have a Raclette dinner with him, his wife, and the Gionets, since we
were too late to make it to Coordination Meeting and we would miss it by
the time we got there... but we knew that if we didn't go, the APs
wouldn't have a ride back home. So, we passed on the best offer of the
month to save them haha. But, they bought us kebabs after, so it worked
out :)
Wednesday
morning Elder Faura and I went out to Cergy, just northwest of Paris,
to drop off some stuff that we bought for them. We got another kebab (I
felt terrible afterwards) and headed back to re-exchange with our comps
at the church while the APs gave a church tour to a Chinese lady who's
gonna get baptized next month :) We headed back to the bureau, then that
night we went to the Bourgeois family. They are pretty nice, but
totally crazy :) They gave us each a cachemire sweater, a tie, and cans
of Dr. Pepper and A&W Root Beer! :) We had an intense fondue party
with some crazy French cheeses, it just about killed all 4 Elders (we
were with the Versailles Elders) :)
Thursday
we had a lunch party with the APs, the Bussons, and the Bousseaus. It
was pretty chill, and we ate pretty well :) We went to the church after
to watch a movie with all 3 Elders équipes from our ward. We tried to
get Dragons 2 but couldn't find it... so it ended up being
Frozen...again... :) But we all loved it, so it's all good haha. Our Ward Mission Leader
invited all the missionaries over for a little meeting and party. We
had this dish that his wife made that's just like Annie's Chicken, but
it was made with lamb :) I thought I was gonna die, it was so good.
After we had a Galette des Rois, which is a simple pastry that you cut
in slices. Inside one of the slices is a little ceramic Baby Jesus, or
some other ceramic thing having to do with the Nativity. If you get
that, you win, and they give you a paper crown and stuff :) Kind of a
fun tradition :) I was one of the winners, I got a little ceramic thing
of a stained glass window picture of one of the shepherds at the stable.
I think I might bring this tradition home :)
Yesterday
was the office... all day. I got a ton of work done, but it was murder
haha. We made chili dawgs for lunch, and for dinner we were bored with
normal cous cous and ratatouille. So, we made a Mexican cous cous with
the taco mix you sent and some left over beans and chili haha.
Overall,
a super awesome week. We definitely got spoiled (and a little fat) and
got to just enjoy being where we are. Hopefully I can bring you guys
here someday. I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
Sacré Coeur with the APs (Elder Bates, Elder Lam, Elder Christiansen)
Arc de Triomphe at night
Huge sweaters we got from members :)
New Year's Lunch
The cheese plate :)
Chili Dawgs!







No comments:
Post a Comment