T'as raison, maman! Google translate gave you a
pretty good translation this time haha. Don't worry, you didn't swear :)
Really, I'm doing great, just a little stressed out right now. You
guessed it right, I definitely did not catch up on any sleep this week,
it's been a little bit of chaos in the bureau :)
So
first off, we don't know where Elder Platt is headed yet. They haven't
made transfer decisions yet, the only one that has already been made is
Elder Bates. This week we had a pretty low key Monday, we just stayed in the office all day. Tuesday
we went out to eat with the Bousseaus again, and this time they brought
Manon Poznanski with us, because she stayed with them for the week while
getting her driver's license. So that was fun! After that, we hopped in
the van and had Elder Bates drive us to Charleroi, in Belgium! We had to
close out the apartment for the Soeurs, because Président doesn't plan
on putting Soeurs back in there. It's actually super ghetto, it was
awesome. It's just straight up industrial everywhere, and it was nuts.
We got the apartment all emptied out and stopped at the dump, so we only
came home with a washer, a dryer, a fridge, and some bookshelves. It
was probably the easiest apartment emptying we've done.
Thursday
we were in charge of OFII! That's the trip where all the bleus come
into Paris for their legality. We're doing it in 2 groups, so this week
we only had 5 bleus, but next week we have 24. So this one was just a
practice run really. We both gave trainings then took the bleus across
Paris to the préfecture where they did their medical checks and
everything. We headed back then did office work all evening.
Friday
we had a meeting with Président to give him an update on what we did
this month, and it didn't go super well. We gave him a lowdown on
everything, and we brainstormed about things to do for transfers in a
week and a half. But at the end he sprung the news on me that he expects
to put missionaries in a little town in Belgium in 2 weeks, and I have
to have an apartment ready and waiting for them. He kind of got mad at
me about it because he wanted it done earlier, but he never told me he
wanted that apartment. So now I'm super stressed trying to get an
apartment checked out, rented, and stocked full of stuff in 2 weeks. So
that's kind of rocking my world right now. But, it'll work out, we'll
figure out a way to get them taken care of :)
Last night we taught the Marques Family! It was so great, we talked about the Plan of Salvation and they just ate it up.
Answers to questions :)
The
sushi here is pretty similar, there's nothing too different about it.
Don't worry about ACT stuff, I've finally come down to a decision... I'm
gonna go to BYU. So I don't need to apply since I've already applied
and everything, I'll just need to get in touch with a counselor :)
Tell Tristan I'm praying for him, it sounds like it was a pretty crappy week!
Congrats
to C-Mack, I'm glad his knee is better! Tears are no fun, so I'm glad
he won't have to go through that. Tell him to take good care of
himself!
Tell the Lears that they're in my prayers! That's such a great family and Aidan made such a difference in my life.
I think we're good on stuff for the package, thanks though! I love you so much, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
Elder Alfaro, Elder Nelson, and Elder Christiansen
We were all at the MTC together and ended up at the same Zone Conference together, so we took a picture
We were all at the MTC together and ended up at the same Zone Conference together, so we took a picture


No comments:
Post a Comment