This week has been a little different for
sure, we didn't get nearly as much office work in as I would have liked,
but it was pretty good all around.
So jumping
right it, last Sunday was an awesome miracle day! It's usually our only
day for proselyting, so we worked our tails off. After our traditional Sunday
afternoon curry we went out porting all afternoon and evening. We
actually got let in a ton of times to pray, and a ton of people told us
to come back around during the week (one of whom plays into the story
later in the week...) We went and visited a potential ami named Frederic
Précis, a young guy with a small family. We've been trying to see him
for a couple weeks and he's been on vacation forever. So we passed by,
and the first thing he said was "Guys, when's our next rendezvous?!" He
had just gotten back from vacation about an hour earlier and was so
pumped to see us!
Monday
we got to do some P Day shopping since we had to work on Saturday. We
dropped our car off for it's service at the shop and walked to the mall.
I got a new wallet since mine is trashed, and some new sunglasses because
mine got scratched up. Afterwards we ended up making two separate,
unplanned trips into Paris to drop things off to missionaries and pick
other things up. We actually didn't get home until about 11... welcome
to the office life.
Tuesday
was District Meeting in Versailles, then we drove to Reims to drop off
their car. We planned on stopping at Burger King on the way in but
didn't have time, and we ended up missing our train anyways. Burger King
is like impossible to find and we knew there was one halfway to Reims,
so we were bummed we missed out on it. But after missing our train we
got tickets for the next one and walked around town and found a brand
new Burger King! It was probably the best fast food I've had since
coming to France. Once again... we got home at about 11.
Wednesday
was mostly office work, then in the evening we drove out to
Mantes-la-Jolie to do an apartment check and to meet with the owner of
the apartment so I could go over some stuff with him before we close
down the apartment in a month, so it was kind of a fun night.
Thursday
we did some bureau work then drove into Paris to drop off mail at one
of the Zone Conferences. It was tons of fun, and I saw Ben! We kicked it
for a little while before he had to catch his train, then we drove the
Assistants home. We finished up the night with more bureau
work.
Yesterday was one of the coolest days of
my mission. So we had planned out a finding day between our mission and
the Lyon mission to find 1000 new people to teach in one day. This also
happened to be the day that the Zone Leaders wanted to do their
exchange with us! We kind of abandoned the bureau for a day and just
went hard finding all day, and the miracles just rolled in! We found
more people yesterday than the office has found in a couple transfers,
it was insane! One of them was the family we found on Sunday
who said to come back later. We went over, and it turns out they're Portuguese and totally into our message! So we'll teach them again on Tuesday :) Their last name is Marquez.
Today
was an awesome P Day! We went into Paris and went up the Arc de
Triomphe. With my French legality it was free, so we got to take the
spiral staircase all the way to the top! It was pretty tight, next time
we'll try to do the Eiffel Tower. We walked along the Champs-Elysées for
a while and I felt super poor after looking at how expensive everything
is haha. Apparently Paris Design Week started today, so Champs-Elysées
was exploding with people. We even saw some of the most beautiful cars
I've ever seen in my life :) Overall, super good day!
As
far as the package, I would say just no candy :) haha I'm still trying
to feel healthy again, and Elder Platt and I are trying to be healthier
right now since we have to eat out so much and never have time to really
work out cuz we're always on trips. But, we're getting there!
The
college hunt continues, I've got so many people leaning me so many
different ways, and all of my options are really good. Right now I have a
really good idea of which school will have the best program and be the
most reasonable for me, but I'm still looking and praying ;) haha. I'll
keep you posted!
I love you guys, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
Champs Elysees from the top of the Arc de Triomphe
Champs Elysees during Paris Design Week
Bugatti
Line of dream cars!
McLaren










No comments:
Post a Comment