Monday, August 4, 2014

Surprises!!! Letter 08/04/14

OK first off, I think it's hilarious that Air Force One came in for some Kansas City Ribs. I guess if I was president, that would be on the to do list too haha.

It's so cool that everybody is going on missions! The flow of missionaries just isn't slowing down haha. Our mission is starting to shrink a little, because the sisters from the line of huge groups started going home this week. In 7 months the huge group two transfers above me goes home, and the mission will shrink a ton! But for now, we're steady. 

Our work is going this week haha. Lots of things have slowed down. We were finally able to see Ferrid on Friday. He called us in the middle of weekly planning and said he had 45 minutes if we could meet him in town right then. So we threw on shoes and booked it into town. We had a good lesson, we're teaching the Plan of Salvation right now. He really likes that, especially the part about the pre-earth life. We bumped his baptismal date to the 27th of September, but I won't be here for it. That's been kind of the story of my mission haha. I teach and set lots of baptismal dates, but I bump out of the ville before the baptism. My trainer did the same thing for most of his mission, it's the McKechnie Curse! ;)

Also, big surprises this week!

So normally, our transfer is supposed to end in 2 weeks. I figured that I was going to leave Le Mans, since I'm finishing training and this is my 4th transfer here. But, I planned on leaving in 2 weeks. So yesterday, the Assistants call me as we're walking home from church. They said that Président Babin had decided to call me as the new mission Clerk. But, that requires two weeks of training from the current Clerk before I can take over. So, instead of leaving in 2 weeks, like I was planning on, I'll get on a train for Paris TONIGHT! I'll spend two weeks there in training in Versailles then take over managing all of the housing for the mission. Elder Rafanomezana will catch a train tonight to go to Tours, where our Zone Leaders are at. They'll finish up his training, and in two weeks he'll come back to Le Mans with a new companion. So, for 2 weeks there won't be any Elders here! Our Ward Mission Leader was really disappointed, and Josua, one of our Young Adults, was pretty crushed when I texted him. We're gonna go say goodbye to him this afternoon, and Ferrid is coming to say goodbye tonight.

It's gonna be a really fun new calling! I spend a lot of time in the office, but we also drive all over the mission to fix up apartments and stuff like that. This week I'm going to Mons, in Belgium. Next week I'm going somewhere in northern France, then out to Metz, in the east near my first ville. Exciting! Since I'm in the office, my P-Day will be on Saturday from now on, so I'll write about our Belgium road trip on Saturday

Other than that, nothing big. The assistants scheduled a later train for me tonight so I can have one last P-Day with my Bleu before we leave, so we're taking advantage of that all day today! :)

Have a great week, love you so much!

Elder Tyler Martin

Elder Humphreys playing Abraham for our training at Zone Conference
We found Bruno Mars' French brother!
Our HUMONGOUS cathedral
Mega Pitta! (It tastes like a Crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell)
Me and Elder Miller on exchanges
Elevator mirror pictures after the storm... soaked!
Biggest rainstorm of my mission! 
(You know it was bad, cuz it's the first time I've gotten water inside my zombie stomper shoes in over a year)
Elder Andrino and I, exchanges
Found this cool little waterfall thing while contacting in a park!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting new experience for Tyler!! Ben was a little sad that Tyler won't get to "kill" him (funny mission lingo) but there is a good chance they will see each other before Ben leaves!

    ReplyDelete