Monday, May 19, 2014

Letter 05/19/14

Yeah this email will definitely be a little bit shorter haha. But that's ok! It was great talking to you guys yesterday! Everyone looks good, and it was so weird seeing our kitchen again.

Anyways, so it was Lucian that I was telling you about yesterday that has his baptism the 14 June. But then this morning we taught Jean-Pierre, and fixed a date with him for the 28 June! So, a pretty cool present for my year mark! I'm pretty excited for both of them, and they're both during next transfer so I should be here for both! We'll try and get a few more set up for whoever replaces me too! We haven't seen Ciddy, he's been really hard to get a hold of. Hopefully that will work out, I'm a little worried about him. Oh! We got back in touch with Just today. There's been some crazy problems with his phone and he's been in Paris, but we ran into him in centreville about an hour ago, so we're seeing him again tomorrow night. So, that worked out well! 

This week we had two exchanges, so that was crazy! First on Tuesday we had them after District Meeting, with our Zone Leaders! So I was with Elder Schultz, the only missionary I actually know from Salt Lake haha. He is awesome, (so rich haha), and super funny. He's in Elder Mckechnie's group, so he'll be done with his Mission in about 3 months. Then we were with Alençon again, I got to stay here in Le Mans with Elder Allen. We found some really cool people, including a Chinese college student named Gu! He said he hasn't ever really believed in God, but he wants to. He jokingly said he wants to pray for better grades, so we told him it was a good start haha. He accepted the invitation to be baptized, so next week we're going to fix a date with him. 

On Saturday we did some service, we redid the wallpaper in a members bathroom, so we got to walk around in normal person clothes all morning. We have gnarly tan lines on our necks from the collared shirts haha. Afterwards Gu called us and said he was in town and had a few minutes right then, so we got to teach him in town in our regular clothes. It was really weird. Tonight we're going to eat with the Tréhet family, our Ward Mission Leader and his wife. They are so awesome! He's a funny little man, and with the way he looks and talks, you would think that he's a Miller! Logan should come serve out here haha. 

That's crazy that grandma and grandpa are putting in their papers so soon! I'm really excited for them, I know a couple kids serving in the West Indies, and my old DL is from Guadeloupe. Exciting! 

Thanks for the 5 scriptures, those are really cool! I love you guys so much, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
 
Cool angle of the Cathédral St. Julien
Elder Allen and I
Elder Shultz and I playing with Elder Mattson's glasses while he's gone!
Elder Bates (my favorite ginger ever) eating the Tour Réligieuse
Us with the Steenblik couple, serving in Orléans
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment