Bonjour!
***********
I'm super glad you got those
pictures from Soeur Chaston, that means I have a few less pictures to
worry about sending today! We love our Sr. Couple in this district, they
really are lifesavers! I REALLY hope that I stay here next transfer,
we'll find out for sure this afternoon. Assume that I'm staying here,
but I'll send you another quick email if I'm going somewhere else. The
transfer officially ended yesterday, so everything is kind of up in the
air for the next few hours!
One thing that might be super helpful is
packets of like taco mix or ranch or whatever seasoning packets. We do
pretty well here, and Elder McKechnie is a great cook. But it's always
nice to have something to shake it up! :) Also, that shouldn't be too
tough to fit in. If it is, don't worry about it. I might be getting some
new gloves before winter starts, because the gloves I have are like
snowboarding gloves, and they just don't really work for missionaries. I
actually sent my letter before the pictures, so that's super weird that
it came so late. We're writing pretty early today, which might be the
way it stays for next transfer. The multimedia center's hours have
changed for Autumn, so it generally works out better in the morning for
us.
That's so cool that Kylee and Kaitlin are going to
be getting their mission calls! I'm super pumped for them! Kaitlin told
me that next week I'm supposed to read her email before yours so that
she can tell me herself haha. Sounds like the boys are really enjoying
school so far! I can totally see Tristan dressed up like that, it's
awesome! Also, so cool about the football team! I'll have to tell my
Zone Leader, he is from Firth so we always joke about our terrible
football teams! I can't believe Kaden is so old! Tell him "Joyeux
Anniversaire!" Congrats to Tristan on his calling, I know that he is
prepared for it. It is going to be such a blessing for him and will
really help him prepare for his mission. (I know I've said this before,
but send the boys to Cedar Badge! Every day I am literally amazed by the
fact that this program designed by an old Navy man is one of the best
missionary training tools I have ever seen!) I haven't seen too much new
of Epinal, but we walk past and cross the river all day, every day.
Our Skype leçon was awesome! They're being taught by
the Assistants to the President in Serbia, so they really are getting
the best of the best! But, they can only do that like once a week, so
we're going to continue teaching them, and then the other missionaries
will cover the more difficult things like the commandments. Right now
they're praying about the 19th of Octobre for their baptism date, and
we're praying so hard that they will receive their response! Their son
Daga got out of surgery, and everything is great! He seems so much
happier and healthier now, and he talks with us and participates a lot
more! OH! I almost forgot, they got their legality! They're going to
stay here! They called us first thing after they got their papers, they
were so excited! I've never seen them so happy before! The next big step
is to find jobs and an apartment, because they're still living in the
hotel for right now. Keep them in your prayers! We sure love them so
much!
So this transfer has been SUPER slow as far as
finding new people to teach. All of our potential amis (investigators
are called 'amis' or 'friends' here haha) have dropped out on us for 5
solid weeks. So this weekend we were knocking doors (porting) in a super
sketchy apartment building on the hill behind our apartment. They use
these microphone doorbell things on the outside of the apartment for
each person, so nothing is really face to face, which really takes away
from our message. So we tried one man, and he didn't say anything, but
buzzed us up! We started look at the letter boxes for his name to go to
his apartment, but there wasn't one there! So we started at the top
floor and said a prayer to help us find a new ami. The first door was a
super friendly black guy named Richard. We taught him about the Plan of
Salvation, and he got SUPER pumped to have us back to teach him again.
Then just across the hall, we met a young man named Nicholas. He didn't
have enough time for us to teach him, but we set up a rendez-vous for Sunday
night. When we got to his building, we called him to buzz us in, but he
said something came up and we had to push the leçon back to 20h. Then
out of nowhere, some guy walked up and just opened the door for us and
let us into the building, then took off! We started porting again, and
found a super cool old guy named Mr. Ferrari! He is a super charitable
guy who loves the Savior and wants to do everything he can to follow Him
and help others! We taught him part of the Restoration, and we're going
back Tuesday
to teach him again. After, we had our leçon with Nicholas. He was super
open and accepting about what we taught him, and he even accepted a
soft invite! (That's basically when you say "When you know if these
things are true, will you be baptized?" But you don't set a specific
date yet.) He totally said that if that was the way he could follow the
Lord, he was totally up for it! So, after a 5 week dry spell, we found 3
new amis in the same apartment building in the last 2 days of the
transfer! Wow!
Well, I'm so glad everyone is doing well and that
life is good! I pray for you soooo many times a day, and I've really
felt your prayers. The Gift of Tongues is so real, I feel like it really
is possible to reach my goal of being fluent before I hit my 4 month
mark! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your support for
me! Love you!
Love,
Elder Martin
P.S.
Random Epinal Fact: The branch here actually covers a HUGE area, we had
dinner at a member's house last night in Lunéville, which is actually
about 15 minutes from Nancy!
Hey we just got the repertoire, I'll be staying in
Epinal, but Elder McKechnie is leaving! :( I really didn't want to get
step-daddied, but I gotta trust the Président and the Lord! So no
worries, my address will stay the same for the next 6 weeks at least.
Ahhh! did not expect that!
That definitely ups the responsibility, cuz I do not know
this ville well enough to teach it to someone else! I better start
studying my map! Ahhh!!! At least I'll still have a trainer, I can't
imagine that changes just because it's someone different. This
actually has me way more nervous than anything else I've done so far,
and missionary work includes lots of scary things haha. Je peux le
faire! love you!

P.S. my new comps name is Elder Stucki
Love,
Elder Martin
Our super cool castle in the rain!
Even the houses here always have a smile!
I tipped my bowl over this morning and accidentally broke gravity. Oops!

No comments:
Post a Comment