Hey!
This week was crazy busy, I feel like we didn't slow down all week. Which is good, I guess, but we're both pretty exhausted.
So
Président Babin asked all the Zone Leaders to go to the first District Meeting
of the transfer for every District in the Zone, so we ended up having 3
District Meetings this week :) It was pretty fun, but it ate up sooooo much time. It
literally took half the day out of
Tuesday,
Wednesday, and
Thursday.
But, we got to watch all the District Leader's training and make sure
everything from Mission Council got relayed well, so it's all good :)
We also got to go on a few of our exchanges this week, to start knocking them out:)
Wednesday
I was with Elder Reiss, who's Elder Edmunds' new comp in the office.
He's a cool guy, a very young missionary! I brought him into Paris for
the exchange so he could see what it was like. We had a Visitor's Center
shift that
night, and while we were sitting there this guy walked in. It took me a
minute, then I realized it was Elder Johnson (the old AP)'s dad! We
talked for a couple minutes about how I lived with him for a couple
months in Versailles. After a while he decided to call Tyler (Johnson)
and FaceTime him! So I got to talk to him over FaceTime for a couple
minutes, which was awesome! Even better, he was on a date with Kate
Lefrandt, a Sister from our mission that I knew. And while we were
FaceTiming, Remington Schultz, my old Zone Leader from Tours, called
them haha.
So many dead missionaries at once! But it was good to talk to them all, I
miss them a ton.
My other exchange was our AP exchange,
and I was with Elder Lam this time. It was so fun to work with him!
We've done little exchanges before for convenience (and so they could
use the car) when I was in the office, but this was our first real
exchange. We had a really good time and got to really work hard
together.
Yesterday after church we taught Wilson again.
We've been teaching him with a Tahitian member, Taylor Temahuki, who was
in my ward in Versailles but just moved to Paris. Anyways, he accepted
to be baptized on
May 10th!
He's a little nervous, but he's willing to work hard to get his
testimony of everything before that day. He's definitely going to go
through with it, he's such a solid, sincere guy.
After our
lesson with him we went less-active hunting all day. It was pretty long
haha, we just had some addresses and our map-book of Paris. So we ran
around for hours and were able to get in touch with some people, which
was great.
Anyways, this was such a solid week. Really
kicking it in high gear for the last couple months, and we're seeing
some really cool miracles :) I love you all so much and pray for you.
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
Face Timing Elder Johnson and Soeur Lefrandt!
Elder Madsen in the Paris rain
Sacré Coeur in the Rain
The Louvre Pyramid
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
No comments:
Post a Comment