Hey!
So this week was crazy!
Monday
was staff meeting at the bureau, and we got everything laid out for
transfer week. After, I asked the Babins to go out to sushi with us for
my last time. It was pretty fun, we ate really well and got to laugh and
joke and tell stories with them. I'm definitely gonna miss not being in
close contact with my Mission President like I have been for 6 months,
but it'll still be good :) That night I finished packing my bags and we
watched movies haha.
Tuesday
was Bleu-Day! We picked them up at the airport without any problems.
The coolest tender mercy was when we picked up the missionaries that
were at the Madrid MTC. I don't know if you remember, but when I was in
Bruxelles I visited a Hispanic family pretty often, particularly their
son who was super less active. His name was Chin Hsia Rivas. Nothing
ever really happened with him while I was there, except that he finally
agreed to start sitting in when the missionaries came. Long story short,
he completely turned his life around, and I had the pleasure of picking
Elder Rivas up from the airport that day to start his mission in Paris
:) We spent the afternoon at St Merri and then took the Bleus back to
the hotel for the night. Elder Bates, Elder Edmunds, and I all spent the
night in the hotel with them. We figured out that the big t.v's there
took USB drives, so we watched Saratov Approach before going to bed :)
Wednesday
I went with the Bleus and Elder Christiansen to Consecration Hill one
more time before leaving the bureau. It was a sweet experience, just
getting ready for my last couple transfers :) Once we got to Paris we
took the Bleus to Notre Dame again. That afternoon I met up with Elder
Gram and made the transition (officially) out of the office :) I
absolutely love the office, but it was the most difficult experience of
my mission by far. It felt good to get a new start :) We were running
around like crazy that whole day for transfer stuff. As soon as we
finished that, the Paris STLs (Sister Training Leaders) called us to give a blessing to a recent
convert in the hospital, so we booked it out there and gave the blessing
before going home that night.
Thursday
was a little more calm. We had lunch with the Volnets in the afternoon.
They are a German/Croatian couple that feeds the missionaries every
week. After, we went contacting with some journalists! They are students
who contacted Church Public Affairs, so President Babin picked us to do the
project with them. We basically just went contacting for a couple hours
and they followed us with cameras. After they interviewed us for about
20 minutes and took off. As soon as we were done with them we went to
Pizza Hut to order food for Mission Council the next day. After we had
an English class for some of the members that we teach every week. Only 2
showed up, which was too bad, but next week should be better. Two of our
amis, Yannick and his brother Thomas, showed up for Institute that
night, so we gave them a little tour of it before they started.
According to the Maynards, the couple in charge of it, they had a blast
and made tons of friends :)
Friday
was Mission Council! All the Zone Leaders and STLs came in to St Merri and we
had some trainings from the APs and the Babins for our objectives this
transfer. After we had lunch and got to hang out with Elders Mattson, Bayer
and Christiansen :) After cleaning everything up, we ran to give Frère
Volnet a blessing. He and his wife were leaving to spend a month at the
temple in Frankfurt
on Saturday and he got pretty sick
Friday night.
Saturday
was a little more chill. We had a training with all our District
Leaders to get them ready for this transfer. One of them is Elder
Christian Martin, from Texas, who's in his 3rd transfer haha. He's a
Chinese speaking Elder and I'm pumped to work with him this transfer :)
It was really interesting to be giving the training, because I've never
actually been a District Leader haha. After our meeting and lunch we went contacting
and met a super cool guy, another Yannick. We talked to him for almost
an hour and taught him there in the park where we were at. We'll be
seeing him again later this week. That night we went contacting not far
from our apartment for a while and got a couple phone numbers and a guy
with a family!
Sunday
was a blast in the St Merri ward :) I met a ton of the members, and I
already knew some from being in the office and already serving in the
same Stake for 6 months. Our ami Marco came and gave some SOLID stuff
during Gospel Principles class. He's gonna get baptized, we're sure
about it :) He was definitely my favorite person this week. That night
after church we had a shift in the Visitor's Center and then finished
our weekly planning.
Today we had Conference Call after
studies (all the ZLs and STLs call in to the office on a conference call
to do announcements and training every P Day). After we cleaned and did
shopping. We got kind of hosed because the grocery store didn't open
till 3, so we just stayed at home and watched part of Saratov Approach
because Elder Gram's never seen it. I know, we live in central Paris and
we
stayed home and watched a movie. We're boring haha. But, it was fun.
Tonight we're in the Visitor's Center again, so I'll keep you updated on
how that goes :)
I was reading in Luke today and found
something I really like. It's the classic story of Christ calling Peter,
James, and John to follow Him. When he tells Peter to cast his net out
again, Peter tells Him that he's worked all night, he's exhausted, and he's
had no success. But, he casts out his net anyways. And he gets the
biggest load of fishes he's ever seen. So missionaries are kind of
similar. Often, we spend a full day getting rejected, spit on, yelled
at, and we don't see any success. It's hard, and everything says that no
matter what we do or change, the results will stay the same. But when
we follow the Master's voice and
try, we end up finding the
people that have been waiting for us. So even when it's almost
impossible, it's always worth trusting Him and 'casting out your net'
one more time. My goal for this week is to not let all my other
responsibilities and stuff distract me from the fact that I'm a
missionary and that I can take advantage of every second to bless other
peoples' lives.
I love you guys, I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
Elder Bates, Elder Edmunds and I at the airport
The Walls
Elder Christiansen and I at Consecration Hill
Remy
Robin
The Portwoods
Brother Snedden
Frère Grenier
Jean Yves and Martine
No comments:
Post a Comment