So I'll start with questions this week...
First off, no, we didn't get to go to any of the Zone Conferences this
week. Our Zone's is actually the 28th, so we have a while to wait. Elder
Platt is planning on going to the U when he gets home. He's from South
Jordan, so it's pretty close to home for him. It's true, we don't have
much time for porting these days. We got hit with some pretty big
challenges this transfer as far as the office, and plus Elder Sughroue
can't go out proselyting, so we have to just sit around with him.
I got my package that you sent through Soeur Poznanski, so much candy haha! I never got the other one that you sent, probably on Monday or Tuesday. We would love to see Brother Eaton! That would be way fun, and we're in the perfect position to do so. I don't think I necessarily need anything else right now. I just got a new coat, and that's the only thing I needed. I'll let you know if I think of something though! You can tell Brother Eaton that my cell phone number is _____ (Can I tell you how hard it is to have his cell phone number and not pick up the phone and call him!!) . And this time I definitely have the international calling, I have to for my job haha, so we'll be able to keep in touch :)
I got my package that you sent through Soeur Poznanski, so much candy haha! I never got the other one that you sent, probably on Monday or Tuesday. We would love to see Brother Eaton! That would be way fun, and we're in the perfect position to do so. I don't think I necessarily need anything else right now. I just got a new coat, and that's the only thing I needed. I'll let you know if I think of something though! You can tell Brother Eaton that my cell phone number is _____ (Can I tell you how hard it is to have his cell phone number and not pick up the phone and call him!!) . And this time I definitely have the international calling, I have to for my job haha, so we'll be able to keep in touch :)
We were able to watch Sunday's
General Conference sessions with the Walls (the senior couple that works in the office).
They were so good! They really were the talks and inspiration that we
needed. I LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood session! I also
really liked Lynn G. Robins' talk. I can't remember which session it
was, but he didn't hesitate to get in peoples' faces and step on some
toes on that one, it was cool. Honestly, the biggest thing I learned was
the importance of loving people you serve. Right now for me, that means
other missionaries more than anything else. And so I've been really
working on that this week, especially when people call with dumb
problems or ridiculous questions :)
So our week...
Monday
we took Soeur Poznanski to the airport! It was pretty sad to see her
go, but she'll do so great at Temple Square! I loved the picture you
sent from when she met grandma and grandpa at the MTC, what are the
chances?! Other than that it was just shopping and emails and office
work.
Tuesday
we had District Meeting, which was pretty fun. Afterwards we had an
exchange, so Elder Rigsby came with me back to the office and we started
chipping away at my to-do list. The only hard part is that in order to
help me I have to teach him how to do it, which takes more time than if I
just did it myself. But, I wanted him to feel included on the work, so
we made it happen :)
Wednesday
we finished our exchange in the morning so we could get ready for our
trip! We loaded up the van, changed into our road trip clothes, and
headed out for Valenciennes. It's one of the northern-most cities in
France, right on the Belgium border. We spent the night there and put
together desks, beds, closets, dressers, everything we could that night
and early the next morning.
Thursday
we finished everything in Valenciennes and had Elder Palfreyman and
Elder Buxton walk us around to make copies of their keys for the other
companionship that just moved in. After, we got on the road to Caen, on
the west coast, pretty close to the Normandy beaches. Unfortunately, we
didn't get to go see the beaches, but if we're ever closer to there
we'll try to :) In Caen we just had to replace the wooden bedsprings on
the beds, they were all broken and sagging in pretty hard. It was a
pretty quick stop, then we headed back home :) That evening was pretty
laid back, we finished up office work and headed home.
Friday
was pretty much a straight office day. We took Elder Sughroue to a
physical therapy appointment, then had to go to Carrefour to pick up
some supplies for the Sisters in Nogent. After, it was just working on
some of the new apartments that we're looking for.
Today
we're planning on going out to the Versailles Castle, then we have a
talent show at the church. I'll let you know how it goes!
So
some sad news... Elder Sughroue found out from the PT the other day
that his recovery is supposed to take 4ish months. So, he and Président
decided that he needs to go home. We haven't gotten the approval yet
from Salt Lake, but he'll probably fly home this next week. Please keep
him in your prayers!
Anyways, that's about it for the week! Thanks so much for everything, love you so much!
Love,
Elder Tyler Martin
"Killing off" Elder Anderson and sending him home to Rigby
Breaking up is hard to do...
but we'll survive 8 months until we see each other again!
Soeur Jackson
Cathedral in Orleans
The Normandy Bridge (it crosses a little part of the ocean between Le Havre and Caen)
Road Trip!
Castle in Caen
Us with the Caen Elders
Sick picture Sister Poznanski drew
Sister Poznanski on her way to serve on Temple Square
Tyler's Grandma and Grandpa Smith ran in to Sister Poznanski a few days later at the MTC bookstore in Provo and gave her a big hug!!
Elder Christiansen and I after the longest, most stressful two weeks of our lives!!














No comments:
Post a Comment