Ok first off, tell Trist I'm SOOO jealous of him driving the Motor Fist monster haha. We all dreamed of that in high school. Tell Kaden to keep pushing through, I understand. No Fun!
Yes, Elder R and I started our 40 Day Fast last week, so it
should be pretty fun! Other things I've sworn off for 40 days are meat,
spending personal money, and other stuff that distracts from missionary
work haha.
Ferrid is doing well, we were able to see him the other day with a member, Anaƫl. He accepted a baptismal date for the 9th of August!
We'll have to work our tails off for that day, but hopefully we won't
have to bump it back a week. Either way, I'll be here for his baptism :)
It's cool to see the change, and I think it's because we've changed the
way we approach our work right now. The past 3 transfers, I've worked
harder than ever before to have members at teaching appointments. I've
also never had so little success with it haha. Something always went
wrong, and we had barely any lessons with members present. I think God
was holding out, waiting to see how patient I would be with it, because
now we teach almost as much with members as we teach other lessons!
We've only taught Ferrid one time without a member, the rest members
have been there. It's awesome what a difference good, solid members can
make in someone's conversion!
Things with JP were sketchy for a few days, we
couldn't get a hold of him and he never called us back. I was so
worried! Then the other day we were waiting in a park for a rendezvous (we got
frooged) but we saw JP walking up the sidewalk with his dog! He flagged
us down and apologized, he said he had been in Bordeaux for a while and
didn't have his phone (I think it was a health induced vacation, free of
everything haha). He had just gotten home a few hours before and had to
walk his dog after the drive, and found us! So we're seeing him Thursday. He told us that he was reading the Book of Mormon the whole time that we couldn't see each other, he's so good!
We had our Week 2 District Meeting this week, which
means the whole zone comes together to do district meeting and a zone
training for the transfer. That was fun, I got to see some of my friends
I've made here in the zone.
That's kind of the only real news this week. We
didn't find any new amis this week, which kind of stunk. But, that
happens sometimes. We're still teaching, and our amis are progressing :)
The mission is doing really well right now, we're all kind of at the
bursting point for August, which is typically the big month for baptisms
(when I came into the mission at the beginning of last August, everyone
was baptizing like crazy!). And now we're gonna do it again, with
Ferrid and JP the 2 weeks before I leave Le Mans! Have a great week
guys, love you!
Elder Tyler Martin
On our way to Week 2 District Meeting!
Saying goodbye to Soeur Whisler, she got transferred to my old ward in Bruxelles!
We got SOAKED coming home the other day!
Me and Logan!
Mattson and Miller
Elder Ward during conference!
(P.S. Keep Elder Ward, my
old comp, in your prayers. One of the bars in his chest came undone last
week, and he's home getting surgery in Boise to get it fixed. He's
planning on coming back out asap!)
Rednecks exist here, too!
Kind of an old picture, but I made a Title of Liberty out of an old ruined shirt for my year mark!
At home we have SmashBurger... Here, we have SmashKebab
Last time with Poznanskis!
Rue Saint Martin... People love me here!












No comments:
Post a Comment