Monday, January 20, 2014

3's Company Too! Letter 01/20/14

Howdy!

So transfer results are in! There is most certainly news haha..... I'm staying in Bruxelles! Not a big shock there. But, Elder Christensen is leaving. I'm super bummed. I actually got a big surprise today.... I'm now in a 3 man companionship! It is going to be very weird. I have heard that 3 man's can be really interesting, I'm excited to make it awesome! My new companion(s) are Elder Alexandre Richer-Brulé and Elder Eric Collin Ward. Elder Richer-Brulé is the new District Leader. This does make me pretty sure that I'll leave Bruxelles after this transfer, but anything could happen. 

Like you said, time is really flying by. For me, it started flying about halfway through my second transfer, which feels like it was just last week. Now I'm at the beginning of my 5th. It is pretty scary, in all honesty. 

As far as protein, it's too expensive to spend MSF money on it, so it isn't really worth it. Don't worry about sending any protein. It would be a pain to pack from ville to ville, and I'm not really worried about bulking right now. I remember Soeur Hawkes, we actually met quite a few times before. I haven't seen her since she got into the mission, but I'm sure I will at some time. I'm glad you told me her last name, because I could only remember her first name, but I knew she was in our mission haha. 

So... We did not hit our 20 lessons. But, that is ok! We taught a lot more this week, and we saw some amazing things happen! So quite a few of our appointments fell through, which was a pain. But, we did meet a cool former investigator. His name is Sydney, and he's Portuguese. He is super into deep doctrine and likes to talk about that a lot, so 4 different sets of missionaries, since 2006, have given up on him after just one lesson. We are changing that!  Also, we have been given the counsel to invite people to be baptized by the end of the first lesson. With Sydney, he halfway accepted it, saying that his Catholic priest had authority already. We'll work on that haha. Then, we met with Dido, who we've had trouble getting in contact with for this whole transfer. He is really interested, and he accepted the invitation to be baptized! He said he has already prayed about the Book of Mormon, and he wanted to come to church to feel what it was like so he can know if it's true. So, yesterday, he came to the last hour of Priesthood meeting! It's a lot better for him to come to Sacrament Meeting, but we had an awesome lesson on God the Father from a convert that has very much in common with Dido, and it hit him really hard. He had to leave quickly afterwards, but we'll be seeing him on Wednesday and fixing a baptismal date. Then we saw Phil. Before I came here, he said that he was just looking at our religion and he would never be converted or baptized. The last few weeks, he has had many questions about repentance and how to be forgiven of his past sins. We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and he accepted the invitation to be baptized! We want to fix a baptismal date with him this week as well. Right after that lesson, we were rushing to the church for a meeting with our Ward mission leader. In the hallway of the church was a man who said he was looking for the missionaries. When we asked which ones, he said he didn't care, he just wanted to be taught haha. So we taught him the Restoration, and he said he really, really wanted to be baptized. We got super excited! Then he told us that he actually doesn't live anywhere near us haha. We're transferring him to another équipe. But, because we're teaching him again on Tuesday, he is a new ami! The only one of the transfer! It is really a miracle that he was there, even though we won't be the ones to teach him. 

Sounds like it has been a crazy, crazy week at home! I am so sorry :( You guys are all in my prayers constantly. Last week I just mentioned dad's job to President Poznanski in my letter, just one sentence. On Friday, we got a call saying that he had read my letter and wanted to talk to me! He was just calling to check in on me and see how I was doing. that was one of the most touching moments of my week. He cares enough that he took 10 minutes, in the middle of his already impossible schedule, on top of everything that is absolutely crazy with transfers, to call and check in on me. What an awesome man! 

I pulled out cash to pay for suit alterations today, just a heads up. Keep me posted on your week, I love you all so much! Have a great, great week! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment