Monday, December 23, 2013

Joyeaux Noel - Letter 12/23/13

Hello!

Thank you so much! I can't believe I'm going to be such an old man tomorrow haha. 19!!! That is pretty intense. Elder Christensen and I bought a cake and some Kinder eggs to celebrate haha, and we're having a Raclette party at a member's house tomorrow night. (Ask dad what a Raclette is, he probably knows. It's a cool Swiss tradition). I'll get lots of pictures and everything!  (Raclette sounds basically like our version of Fondue.  They melt a big slab of cheese and scrape the melted part onto a plate and eat it with potatoes, meat, and vegetables.  Once the melted part is scraped, the cheese is put by the heat again to start to melt.)

I never got the SD card that Grandma sent, but Elder Stucki gave me the one that you sent, it got to Épinal after I left. I can't play it on my camera, but I should be able to get to a computer at the church where I can play it today or tomorrow. For the suitcase handle there's nothing to really do, I'm going to make it last as long as possible, then I'll probably buy a new one during summer Soldes, when it will be super cheap. It's not super bad. I honestly haven't had any time to get my finger checked, and I probably won't this week either. It never got swollen or anything, it just hurts super bad to bend it and it has just gotten worse over the past 2 months. It's only a little crooked though haha.
Belgium is super cool! The members are awesome too. Of all of our appointments for tomorrow and Wednesday, everyone speaks English except for the parents of the family I'll be Skyping from haha. BTW, I'll be doing that sometime after 6am Christmas morning for you guys. Sorry I don't have a super specific time, but the family didn't give us one and we don't know if we're eating or Skyping first. 

Christmas Conference was awesome! I got to spend the whole day with Ben (Anderson), which was one of the best Christmas presents ever haha. We had an awesome day together, and we just kept getting super excited about the fact that we were together for (almost) Christmas. Our comps were actually comps in the MTC, so we think it means that we have to serve together before he leaves in order to complete the circle haha. Elder Stucki is doing so well, they have got the Saitovics progressing at lightning speed right now, they overcame some hidden worries and now they're doing 10 times better! :) His bleu is really cool, I sat with the two of them on the train between Paris and Versailles. I also did see Elder Smith, which was way cool! He is serving in a ville called Namur, which is actually in the other Belgium zone. Thank you for the Christmas letters, they were awesome! 

I'm so excited to Skype on Wednesday! The holidays really do mean something entirely different to me now, and it's super cool. It's tough, that's for sure. But, it's worth it. We should get about an hour to Skype. If you want to invite Grandma and Grandpa that sounds great to me! :) I'd love to see them before they leave on their mission! If they're still there for Mother's day, tant mieux! Also, I really can't believe it's been 6 months. It is freaking me out! Honestly, some days when I think about it it makes me a little sick to my stomach. I'm not one of the babies of the mission anymore! I'm still relatively young, but with as young as our mission is right now, I'm starting to get up there haha. It's terrifying! 

Tristan's party looks so fun! I'm glad he had so many friends there, and he is looking so good! What a skinny kid! haha. I'm still jealous that you guys are going to Martin's Cove, it is such a great experience! Honestly, one of the best things I have ever done. I don't know that my testimony really started developing into my own until I had that experience, and it has shaped my whole life since. Take advantage of every second of it, and tell the boys to keep journals! (For the trek and for right now. I wish I had a better journal of my teenage years up till my Mission to look back on.) I love you all sooooo much and I can't wait to see you on Wednesday! Joyeux Noël!

Love,
Elder Martin


New temple recommend holder, my Christmas present from the Poznanskis! Super cool!
(This is what the Paris Temple will look like when it is completed.  It is under construction right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment